Monday, December 27, 2010

Warm & Dry #581

























SOLD
I went on location again today (the dining room). No electricity this a.m. so, I waited until it wasn't dark and used the available light. The door to the left of the couch is the room I usually paint in, but this morning it also happened to be the room the wind was blowing at, too cold without heat!

To pass the time today, I tried out my snowshoes! Okay, there was barely enough snow in the woods to justify the snowshoes, but it was fun.

Other News: Brie, the dog, has eaten a lot of snow today.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful with the many colors of white!

    Hope your heat returns SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    I like your location for "warm and dry":) Really wonderful painting for having to rough it! Like all the shades in the couch and that blue just pops. Really like the door and the feeling of depth you got there.
    Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the difference between you and me...I'd have been snoring on that couch after snowshoeing. You painted it. I love the carmel and artichoke color combo. And great depth too. You can see straight into the far room. Excellent piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a favorite!!! I love it! Maybe it's the interior designer in me, but I think the interiors are fabulous and you should do more:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this little piece. There's something very comforting about soft furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This painting has so much warmth. Just great! Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, once again, this painting is so well done. Your whites are so fun to take in. The intimacy of the composition is actually very refreshing .....hope the electricity is back on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful colors and with no electricity, the comfy sofa makes me want to curl up on it with a down duvet.

    ReplyDelete