Friday, February 19, 2010

#263

















I saw a sketchbook online called, "The Tomato Diaries." An artist traveled Europe with a tomato for a couple of months and documented the tomato everyday by drawing or painting it (ooh, there's that doing something everyday again theme) - the lush tomato definitely, er, um, evolved over time - I don't think I'll be doing that, but it's a good idea.

p.s. this is yesterday's painting, I did it at night, not my preference, because I went to bed before the paint dried and couldn't scan it in.


4 comments:

  1. I like this one the best of your tomato series! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very interesting idea! Maybe a limited series?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pert, plump, happy and yet, aesthetically challenging! Love the dramatic shift in tonal emphasis as the lead tomato and his lagging friends step forward out of the grey, into the pale greenish gold.

    Is it really greenish? It doesn't look all that greenish.

    Not sure why I said greenish. There's something odd about the tone of that gold, though.

    Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right - it is greenish-goldish -it's a mid-century modern green/gold - that weird greenish/yellow/olive color - I love it!

    ReplyDelete