Thursday, December 17, 2009

Daily Painting #200



















I'm on my 200th daily painting.

I once heard the first 200 paintings are trash - meaning, I suppose, it takes a long time to figure out how to paint. I always had mixed feelings about this statement. On one hand I felt it freeing because one could just paint, without expectation of the finish product, on the other hand, I felt maybe it could be reworded somehow - trash - I need a nice word for trash - maybe they didn't all work out perfectly, but there's always something redeeming, even if it's just a smidgen of a color or stroke or something.

After 200 daily paintings, I'm ready for the next 200.

Other News: Yearly cancer exams and all is well. . . !

7 comments:

  1. I have a similar philosophy about writing songs. Fact is, though: there's some gems scattered through that initial trash, and that sparkle and glean is what keeps you going! Believing you can do it.

    Where your paintings are concerned - far more gem than trash m'dear! The gem:trash ratio is entirely out of hand in favor of gem.

    I'm not sure I've seen any trash, frankly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa,

    Congrats on #200...you go, girl! I loved your dog painting (a few posts ago)! Keep on painting and have a happy holiday.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on everything, Lisa! Your 200th painting, that's incredible (I can't imagine doing something like that, omg), your big C-free anniversary, I'm soooo glad for you (and us :), and this painting, I love it! It's my new favorite!
    Best regards and big congrats again,
    Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Two Hundredth!

    Very proud of your dedication to this endeavor. Watching your growth has been equally rewarding.

    And, the cancerversary, prayers work. . .

    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everybody! It means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right. Each one has its own lessons. Congrats on both anniversaries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete